Once you have selected the type of fence you want to install, it’s time to choose the best post diameter to support that fence. The post...
April 7th, 2021How long does it take to install a fence?
You’ve finally made it to the final stage of the fencing process - the installation. Now you’re curious, how long does it take to build a fence? If conditions are perfect, and the project isn’t too big or complicated, usually 2-3 days is enough time to finish the fence. However, there are many factors that can determine the length of the installation and we’re here to tell you what they are.
- Fence size - The project’s timeframe will depend on the size of your fence and how many feet it will measure. The larger the fence, the longer it will take to install and vice versa.
- Terrain - The type of property and its conditions will affect the timeframe of the fence installation. If the ground is rocky, trees are in the way, other environmental factors, concrete slabs or a standing fence to remove, it will require more work and man-hours to complete the project.
- Weather - The weather during the workdays may affect the project length as well. Rainstorms, strong wind and snow are uncontrollable but will put a pin in the project.
- Design complexity - If your fence design is detailed, customized and needs specific materials, usually, additional time is necessary to complete the fence. Due to it’s complexity, it isn’t the same as installing a simple fence.
- Property location - The location of the project can require more time for travel and material transportation which in turn will add more hours to the project’s timeframe.
By taking the influencing factors into account, you can use this knowledge to estimate the timeframe of your project and plan accordingly. Our team provides a clear project timeline beforehand so you know what to expect, however, it’s helpful to know what may affect the fencing project. Our team at A & G Fencing is more than happy to help you find the right fence, execute a project and answer any questions you may have. We provide fencing services for commercial, residential and agricultural properties for those looking to install fencing.